Gray's School of Art, RGU / University of Aberdeen - 2013.
International Association for Environmental Philosophy; Volume 14; Issue 2, (Fall 2017). pp. 239-254
Existential and Phenomenological Theory and Culture Vol 8, No1 (2013) PP 185 - 207.
Festival of Visual Art 2012
Duncan of Jordanstone School of Art/Manchester University Press – 2005
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2010.
MA Environmental Philosophy: University of Lancaster, 2006.
BA Hons Fine Art Sculpture: Glasgow School of Art, 1993.
Recent and Forthcoming activities:
Beyond Edges: Darkness and the Fluxing Field
in The Dynamics of Darkness in the North
Imaginaire Nord / University of Quebec and Montreal (UQUAM) / University of Iceland
Book chapter: forthcoming
Drawing on Compassion
A contemplative drawing webinar delivered for the Association of Contemplative Mind in Higher Education.
Magnetic North Space/Time Residency (online)
Space/Time is a creative retreat for experienced artists from all disciplines that poses the question “How does an artist keep developing?” For the 2020 residency, this question was set against the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Breathing in the Wood
During my time on Skye, I devised and delivered a series of contemplative drawing workshops in consultation with the Woodland Trust, for Viewfield Garden Collective and in association with Highland Life.
2018 / 19
Selected Exhibitions and Publications:
• ‘Visibility Sometimes Wandering and Sometimes Reassembled: On Being in Rain’ Environmental Philosophy: The Journal of the
• The Sound of Form and Colour a sound piece of 15 minutes broadcast on ‘Radiophrenia’, CCA April 2015.
• Seeing sound, Hearing Colour: Collaboration with composer Peter Relph as part of 'Sound' Scotland's festival of new music;
• ‘The Environing Air: A Meditation on Communications Structures in Natural Environments’. PhaenEx: Journal of the Society for
• North Light Festival, Dunbar, Scotland - 2012
• ‘Back to the things themselves’: Two person exhibition with Lesley Punton, The Briggait Glasgow, as part of Glasgow International
• One Touch of Nature and all is Kin: John Muir’s Birthplace, Dunbar, UK - 2011
• Treasure: Ardo House, Aberdeenshire, UK (NEOS) - 2010
• Tuning to the Ether: Cupar County Court House, Fife, UK - 2009
• Wall of Statements: Gray's School of Art/ Art EZ, Enschede, NL - 2008
• The Secret Life: Chatelherault Country Park, Lanarkshire, UK – 2006
• ‘Remoteness: A Study in Electromist’ in Cross-wired : communication, interface, locality. Simon Yuill / Kirsten Mey. Transcript,
• What In The World Is More Beautiful? St Andrews Botanic Gardens, Fife, UK - 2004
• Three: East Kilbride Arts Centre, UK - 2003
• Succession: Glasgow Botanic Gardens, UK - 2003
• Arvidsjaur Kommun: Medborgarhuset, Arvisjaur, Lapland, Sweden - 2002
• The Great Divide: Fruitmarket Gallery, Edinburgh, UK – 2002
• Message Sent: The Travelling Gallery, City Arts Centre, Edinburgh, UK - 2002
• Northern Exposure: Pier Arts Centre, Orkney, UK - 2001
• The Precautionary Principle: Intermedia, Glasgow, UK - 2001
• Lapplands Konstnarskoloni: Museum of Gällivare, Lapland, Sweden - 2001
• Wallpaper Video: High Street Project, Christchurch, NZ - 1999
• This Island Earth: An Tuireann Arts Centre, Island of Skye, UK - 1998
• Resound : Highland Park Distillery/ Pier Arts Centre, Orkney, UK - 1997
• New Art in Scotland: CCA Glasgow, UK - 1994
• Echo Location: Intermedia, Glasgow, UK – 1994